What happens if the victim violates a no contact order?

If a victim is trying to have contact with you when there is a no contact order in place, you are still not permitted to contact him/her. If this is done you can be charged. If you are looking for how to deal with a victim contacting you despite an order preventing you from contact, should call a criminal lawyer who can advise you based on your unique circumstances. You can also read more on that here.

How to get rid of a no contact order

It is difficult to change a no contact order in a domestic assault case. Even when the victim wants to have contact with the accused, prosecutors never consent to changing these orders without an accused entering a guilty plea first. Additionally, courts will rarely make an order that allows contact between an accused person and a victim. Despite this it is very common for the courts and prosecutors to make exceptions to no contact orders to allow contact through a criminal lawyer.

Upon entering into the PARS Program the prosecutor will usually change your no contact order to allow you to resume contact with the victim if the victim agrees.

If you are under a no contact order that you would like to remove, contact a criminal lawyer for help with this process.